Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cheated

Ok, so my goal of visiting one interesting place per week is dwindling...its becoming harder and harder to get everything done that I need to get done before the stinky sun goes down!

So, I cheated and my spot of the week for last week was actually a spot on my trip home- the Tioga River crosses M41 not too far from Baraga, out near Parent Lake. There is a neat little roadside park with some small waterfalls, and a short trail that leads back to some smaller, not super impressive waterfalls. Still a nice hike before my long 8 hour car ride home.

So these are the cool little fallsy things near the actual road crossing...

A little further upstream...then as you walk up the trail the river slows down big time and becomes very slow and cedar swampy.



OH...and just before I got to this spot, I had to drive through a snow squall. ICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment