Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Toilet paper...

I remember being up here the second day, and buying an 18 pack of toilet paper. I looked at that thing and thought, shit- I will be packing that up and taking it home with me!

Today I took a roll off of the shelf and counted...6 left. What the hell...

It's been a rough couple of weeks. I am burnt out, tired of making the 8 + hour commute twice a week, my grades are suffering some, and I am neglecting my family. While this job is a good tool for me to broaden my scope of fisheries experience, I am beginning to wonder if the mental anguish is worth it. I feel like a failure. I am not meant to be living in the middle of nowhere- this relocation has proven to me that I most certainly am not a country girl. I may be outdoorsy, but I prefer an urban center...

Along these lines, I have just about given up on my goal to keep my sanity up here. Its been two weeks since I went out to do any exploring...its hard because when I get to work its dark and when I leave work 10 or 11 hours later- you guessed it, it's dark again. But about a month ago I did manage to stop at one of my favorite spots, Munising Falls- which I have never seen without snow on it! Its a very impressive waterfall when its snow covered and frozen- huge ice formations and the sound of rushing water underneath make it a very tranquil and pretty spot to walk into in the winter.

Now that I look at these it was more than a month ago- not only is there no snow, stuff is still green!




Its a pretty good drop, and while pretty this time of year, it really is a better winter spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment